About Vivekananda Human Centre
"…Where should you go to seek for God? Are not all the poor, the miserable, the weak, Gods? Why not worship them first?" "…Serve as worship of the Lord Himself in the poor, the miserable, and the weak. … In this world always take the position of the given. Give everything and look for no return. Give love, give help, give service and give any little thing you can..."
Swami Vivekananda dedicated his life to provide for the under privileged members of human kind in the universe. Whether, ailing or downtrodden humanity, Swamiji gave away his own life to show the right path of a universe of love. The time for humanity to join forces and embrace this universal message is now.
"Come, be a man…..Do you love human beings? Do you love your Country? Then let us try our best to be good and develop ourselves."- Being influenced by the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and with the inspiration of Swami Aksharananda and under the guidance of Swami Dayatmananda, Ram Chandra Saha founded Vivekananda Human centre in London on 11 September 1994. Vivekananda Human Centre is an organisation of Vivekananda Centre for Human Excellence. Vivekananda Human Centre is a registered charity (reg:1170716). This is a philanthropic organisation whose aim is to be good and to do good for all human beings and others, providing inspiration of Swami Vivekananda's message "Each soul is potentially divine."
Objectives of the Vivekananda Human Centre:
- 'To serve man as God'- by taking this idea of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda in mind, we should mould our own life and character and should expand and promote this idea in the truest sense.
- To render service to the poor, the disadvantaged, the sick, the disabled, the old and all under privileged members of human kind in the universe.
- To promote Ramakrishna-Vivekananda's philosophy of Human Excellence, Unity in Diversity, Universal Tolerance, Harmony and Peace.
- To promote consciousness in education and culture among the youth and others as ordained by Ramakrishna - Vivekananda.
- To promote advancement of public education and peace with those from different walks of life.
- To promote the study of comparative Religion and philosophy in their widest form and by such and other means to assist in bringing about the harmony of Religions.
- To establish and maintain universal temple and institutions for the advancement of religion, education and other charitable purposes.
- To print, publish, sell or distribute, gratuitously or otherwise, any periodicals, books or leaflets or through any other media as may be necessary for the promotion of its objects.
- The centre must be non-profitable and free from any political involvement.
19th November 2017, Sunday at 4.00 pm
Diwali Celebration & Birthday Celebration of Holy Mother
Diwali celebrates the victory of good over evil–and the glory of light over darkness.
Vedanta & Hinduism
Vedanta is the philosophy that has evolved from
the teachings of the Vedas,
"We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true."